This list presents you the 28 Best Lightroom Sharpening Presets For Adobe Lightroom!
(This guide is the part of our Lightroom preset series. Read the previous guides to know more about different presets)
Many photos are out of the camera, which means that they are not entirely focused by the camera, and so the result is the blurred photos. Since many photographers require their photos to be less blurred, Adobe Lightroom can sharpen the photos through the presets. It even includes the sharpening tool for manually sharpening the areas in your photos. Note that you can’t sharpen the out-of-focus images, as it only sharpens the blurred pixels.
Here, in this article, I will first mention the 28 best Lightroom Sharpening Presets, then I will provide a brief information on the sharpening tool in Adobe Lightroom. Let’s get started!
28 Best Lightroom Sharpening Presets For Adobe Lightroom
1. 5 Sharpening Lightroom Presets
These 5 presets are good for any photo you desire. They can be used to sharpen your photos and remove the blurriness in them. In the zip file you will find a help.txt + the 5 presets. They are compatible with RAW, JPG, PNG. These presets has been successfully tested with Adobe Lightroom 5. Under exposed or over exposed images may not give you the best result.
2. Amazing Lightroom Presets
These presets are very easy to use and save a lot of your time. Remarkable and extraordinary effects are promised in this bundle.
3. Perfect Model Lightroom Preset V1
This is a professional overall adjustments preset, which is perfect for modeling. It has the compatibility with JPG, PNG, RAW, etc. It may not work well with dark, shady images
4. 20 Premium HDR Lightroom Presets
This collection include 20 Premium HDR Lightroom Presets which increase the dynamic range of a photo and increase small details in clarity, highlights and shadows so that your images will look better and beautiful. It can sharpen your photos to a greater degree. These presets were tested and adjusted to give good results for a wide variety of images.
5. Portrait Presets
This collection includes 8 Portrait Presets Portrait Presets. It’s a must-have for any photographer. With these overall adjustments you may turn your portraits photos into professional images.
These presets have been tested with Adobe Lightroom 4. These presets are designed to be used with any type that can be opened with Lightroom: RAW, DNG, JPG, TIFF, PSD, etc.
6. PROKIT 50 – Professionally Used Preset Pack
With these 85 Professionally Used Lightroom Presets, enhance your wedding and commercial photos with client-tested and popular visual effects. These are multi-layered effects that would take hours to program manually. It’s a powerful commercial toolkit which are extremely easy to use and ready to go!
7. Landscape Presets
These 5 Lightroom Presets Landscape are professional overall adjustments presets, which are perfect for improving the contrast, colors and lights. These presets have been tested with Adobe Lightroom 4.
8. Sepia Pulse Lightroom Preset
It’s a professional and quality preset which are easy to edit / customize and adapt the Preset result to your needs. No modification of the original layer is required.
9. 3 Pro Sharpness Presets
These 3 presets are designed to provide your photos the extra sharpness. Your blurry photos will look better and realistic after using these presets.
10. 20 Premium Sharpness Presets
This bundle includes 20 Premium Sharpness Presets that can be used for any photo that you have. These presets can give you amazing effect and high quality for your photo.
11. Autumn Glow Lightroom Presets
This set contains 15 Lightroom presets designed to give warm autumn colors to a variety of scenes. The effects range from subtle to dramatic.
These presets are compatible with Lightroom 4-6 and will not work in Photoshop. Compatible with RAW and JPEGs.
Each preset has been crafted to look great with a wide variety of images. In many instances you will be able to get a great result with a single click. However, you can always make adjustments to suit individual photos.
12. 22 Soft Light Preset V2
These presets contain perfect high quality effect so that your images will look better and beautiful. These presets were tested and adjusted to give good results for a wide variety of images. The pack of professional Lightroom Presets perfect for photographers and graphic designers. All they have been created with precise calibration adjustments and clean arrangement to bring your images to life using powerful tools & professional methods. This presets work with DNG, JPG, TIFF, RAW.
13. Set of 13 Subtle Lightroom Presets This is a set of 13 Lightroom presets named after trees. They all create subtle image adjustments. Some work best on landscapes and some work best on portraits, but there’s definitely something in here that will give your image that wow factor. Easy to install and then it’s just one click to create a wonderful vintage, film look and more to your images.
14. Nordic Landscapes, Lightroom Presets
This collection contains 15 carefully crafted Lightroom presets, specially developed for landscape photos taken in Nordic countries like Iceland, Norway or Greenland. In these countries you often have to deal with challenging lighting situations and bad weather. Therefore a lot of photos are lacking contrast or simply look ‘flat’. You can drastically improve the look of your photos with this preset-collection. Each preset targets a different landscape and weather situation like snow, rain, cloudy skies or dusk – just see the overview screenshot for more details. The name of each preset gives you an idea on what type of scenery it will work best on – feel free to experiment! The presets of course also work on non-Northern landscapes.
15. Portochrome Lightroom Preset Bundle Portochrome simulates some features of old-school chromatic and slide portrait films. This LR preset is great for bringing a rich and deep film-like tone to your photographs and give them a professional editorial look. Specially designed for natural light portraits, it should also go well with studio portraiture, wedding, landscape and travel photography.The effect of the preset may vary, depending on the individual characteristics of the original photograph. However, Portochrome preset now goes with a large bundle of pre-made variations to match different lighting conditions.
16. Lovely Landscape Lightroom Presets 2
It can be hard to capture all the vibrance and grandeur of a regal landscape in a single photo, so properly editing your images is critical.
These 10 Lightroom presets enhance the beauty of mother nature and transport viewers to other worlds.
17. Monochrome and B&W Landscape Presets
10 Lightroom presets designed to create subtle to dramatic monochromatic looks for your landscape photos.
Compatible with Lightroom 4-6. Compatible with RAW and JPEGs.
18. 14 Modern Landscape Lightroom Preset
14 Modern Landscape Lightroom Presets for your inspiration Professional Lightroom Presets for Photographers and Designers.
This presets look great with a wide variety of images. You will get a great result with a single click. Fully adjustable.
19. 20 Landscape Lightroom Presets
These presets include the following features:
- Items included: 20 Lightroom Presets.
- Download does not include the image files
- These presets work in Lightroom 4 and Lightroom 5.
- Documentation is included to show how to install and use the product.
- The presets work with RAW and JPG photos, but we recommend using with RAW files for the best results.
- Presets are layerable and easy to customize.
- Instructions Included in download.
- All of the overlays are shown in the preview below.
20. 100 Landscape Lightroom Preset
100 Premium Landscape Lightroom Presets for your landscape photographs. These Lightroom presets will helps the professional and amateur photographer. You can use these presets in (portrait, forest, travel, etc.). These presets will give you the amazing and unique result for your photos.
21. Pinhole Lightroom Presets
It provides 20 professional presets that can be used for any photo that you have. These presets can give you amazing effect and high quality for your photo. In case if you don’t know how to install this presets, there is ReadMe file with installation instructions. It is compatible with Lighroom 4 & 5, and it supports RAW and JPEGs, PNG.
22. HDR Premium Lightroom presets
With these Presets Collection you can easily create an HDR look from just one single image. These presets let you tone map your HDR photos with professional results and significantly improve any photo, reproduce photos in higher details, contrast scenes and light exposures by increasing luminosity, saturations, the strength, etc. This Collection allows anybody, even beginners, to make perfect, realistic looking HDR image just in 1-click. Following are some of its features:
- 30 Professionally designed Lightroom Presets
- Compatible with Lightroom 4, Lightroom 5 and Creative Cloud
- Compatible with both a Mac and PC
- Work on RAW and JPEG images
- Can be easily adjusted to fit your image
- Installation Instructions are included
23. 25 HDR Soft Lightroom Preset Vol.2
These Lightroom Presets contains perfect high quality effect and image will be looks better and beautiful.These presets were tested and adjusted to give good results for a wide variety of images.
24. Lightroom HDR Supreme 261-300 Presets
From the Maker of ‘HDR Legendary Image Action’ comes an amazing Lightroom presets that will professionally enhance and strengthen the vividness of your photos. Different images are diverse in quality. This package will gather all the details in your images and artworks and transform them into something extraordinary. Try and see!
No skilled required. Just ONE click away.
25. HDR Lightroom Preset
These actions are designed to transform your photos into HDR Photos! These presets has been tested and working on lightroom (English versions).
26. Retro HDR lightroom preset
They are Professional and Quality presets which are pretty easy editable / customizable and adapt the Preset result to your needs. No modification of the original layer. This preset is created in Lightroom 5. All photo effects work differently with each photo.
27. 50 Workflow presets
All the basic workflow presets you need are in this collection. Most of the presets are layerable, in a few clicks you achieve beautiful results. The presets work in Lightroom 4 and 5. (RAW and JPEG).
28. Everything Bundle Lightroom Presets
This bundle includes 364 professional Lightroom presets. Each Lightroom preset has been crafted with care to look great with a wide variety of images, with a single click. These presets are fully adjustable Lightroom presets.
These Lightroom presets are compatible with Lightroom 4-6. All of the Lightroom presets in this bundle are compatible with RAW and JPEGs.
Sharpening Tool in Adobe Lightroom
We provided the presets which you can use to sharpen your photos. Apart from that, there is a sharpening tool in Adobe Lightroom from which you can manually sharpen the areas in your photo. This tool is present in the Develop module. Let’s talk briefly about its usage and its different functionality.
How do I sharpen my photos?
Go to the develop module and expand the right panel in Lightroom and scroll down until you get to “Detail”. You will find four sliders in this panel: Amount, Radius, Detail and Masking. Let’s talk briefly about these sliders.
- Amount – It is the actual amount of sharpening you want to apply to your photos. Zero means no sharpening is applied to the image. The higher the number, the more sharpening you will see in your image.
- Radius – It is the size of the sharpening area around the edges. The default value of 1.0 means that Lightroom will apply sharpening over 1 pixel around the edge. If you increase the radius to a maximum value of 3.0, sharpening will be spread over three pixels around the edge, resulting in thicker, “shadowy” edges.
- Detail – This slider controls the amount of sharpening on the edges or “details” of the image. A small value like 0 only sharpens large edges, while a high value like 100 would sharpen even the smallest edges.
- Masking – It is the most useful and versatile feature that masks out areas that should not be sharpened. This is the tool that would take care of the extra noise produced by “Amount” and “Detail” sliders around your subjects. While it is not very useful for images that have too much detail and too many edges all over the image, it works magic for images that isolate subjects from the background. The softer and less defined the background, the better the results.
Once you know about these sliders, move them separately to see the how they affect your photos.
Hopefully the information provided in this guide will be useful for you. If you have any question regarding the presets which you think I may have missed in this guide or about the sharpening tool, then please leave your comment in the comments section below. The more feedback you give, the better future guides will be!
Like us on Facebook to support us!