How to rejuvenate a person with Adobe Photoshop
Rejuvenating a person using the tools in Adobe Photoshop is a task that requires patience and detail. In this article we are going to learn how to apply Photoshop native tools for taking years of a portrait photo.
First load an image of an old person that will serve as our model, and duplicate the layer with the shortcut CTRL+J
To find out what tools are needed to correct or modify the original image, it is necessary to know the signs of aging, which are:
- Wrinkles and expression lines. The severity of skin wrinkles varies with factors such as sun exposure, snuff or genetic inheritance. The lines, on the other hand, are the result of repetitive actions, and are more visible around the mouth and eyes.
- Dryness and tightness of the skin. Dehydrated skin becomes dry and rough. The softness of the skin is directly related to the presence of water. To protect the skin from water loss, sebaceous glands produce an oily substance called sebum. Over the years, this production decreases, and this combined environmental conditions make the skin lose water and becomes more dry and tight.
Therefore, to remove wrinkles, fine lines, dryness and tightness of the skin, use the HEALING BRUSH TOOL (J),using the ALT key to select a reference patch. Now we will proceed to remove wrinkles and fine lines.
For areas where there working hard edges using the PATCH TOOL (J) tool is advised.
For areas that require detail using the CLONE STAMP TOOL (S) tool is advised.
- Skin texture uneven. With the passage of time the skin thins; it becomes more fragile, gradually losing its elasticity and uniform appearance.
- Uneven pigmentation. Over the years reduces the production of natural skin pigment, melanin.
- Visible pores. The pores is the opening through which hair grows out. Each hair has a sebaceous gland that produces sebum skin needs to be lubricated. After 40 years the pores become more visible on the face, which has a negative aesthetic impact on women.
- Age spots. Dark spots on the skin following sun exposure appear. What it is known as photoaging.
To correct uneven skin texture, uneven pigmentation, visible pores and age spots we are going to use the tools seen in a previous article “HOW TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF PHOTOS WITH ADOBE PHOTOSHOP“, which are: Unsharp Mask and Reduce Noise.
- Hair color and lack of light: Significant loss of brightness in the skin of the face is mainly due to the decrease of hormonal activity, just as the gray hairs are common to older.
To correct the brightness and color of hair work your way with the following technique:
- Hair color: EDIT IN QUICK MASK MODE (Q) for marking and then using another tool that is BRUSH TOOL (B) can be selected as required.
After the selection you must click again EDIT IN STANDARD MODE (Q), with which the selection will be obtained, but this must be reversed for a selection of hair and eyebrows.
Now change the color of the hair with the necessary adjustments to make it more obscure. A new color adjustment layer is created in the example BALANCE COLOR is selected, but no desired results are obtained, which was selected again HUE / SATURATION, and color of hair and eyebrows adjusted.
- In this case, as seen in previous articles (YOUR FIRST TOUR WITH ADOBE CAMERA RAW, ADVANCED COLOR CORRECTION WITH CAMERA RAW) CAMERA RAW will be used. For this, the image is saved in JPG and RAW opens with CAMERA and you should modify the parameters as follows for more brightness:
Thus, knowing the signs of aging and Adobe Photoshop tools a person rejuvenated.
ADVICES TO FOLLOW WHEN REJUVENATE A PERSON
You should consider the age of the person you are working on its portrait previous making an adjustment, and also consider what kind of effect you want to achieve. Don’t go too far as it won’t look natural (i.e: trying to make a 60+ person to look like a 20-something year old person).
Taking into account all the signs of aging to attack those areas when rejuvenate a person using Adobe Photoshop.
- ADOBE (2013), ADOBE PHOTOSHOP Help and tutorials, link [https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop-elements_reference.pdf] visited as of 2015-06-21.
- ADOBE (2014), Adobe® Photoshop® CC Help, link [https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop_reference.pdf] visited as of 2015-06-21.
- Cosasdemujer (2015), Los 7 Signos de Envejecimiento, [ http://cosasdemujer.com/los-7-signos-de-envejecimiento] visited as of 2015-07-09.